The United States Postal Service Office of Inspector General's (USPS OIG) mission is to provide reports to Postal Service Executives, the Board of Governors, and Congress to help the Postal Service maximize revenues (over $65 billion a year), minimize costs, and prevent and detect fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement.
For further information, please refer to our website at:
The USPS OIG is seeking a highly qualified applicant to fill our Market Analyst position in the Risk Analysis Research Center (RARC), Global Research Team located in Arlington, VA. RARC conducts research and analysis on economic, and business issues, pertaining to the Postal Service. The successful candidate must be highly motivated and should specifically demonstrate experience in identifying and analyzing market trends and developments, both at the domestic and international level, assessing market conditions for existing or future products, services, and channels, and exploring markets for new business development opportunities.
Candidates will be evaluated on the skills that they possess that are directly related to the duties of the position and/or the experience, education and training that indicate the applicant's ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position. Only those candidates who meet all qualification and eligibility requirements and who submit a complete application package by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, February 07, 2014 will be considered.
The USPS OIG uses a Pay Banding system, which is equivalent to the Federal GS scale. Grade and salary determinations will be made based upon a candidate's education and professional experience.
This position is being advertised at the Journey Band level, equivalent to a GS-9 to a GS-13. The salary range for this position is $52,146 - $116,901. The salary figures include locality pay. Promotion potential to a GS-13 equivalent at management's discretion.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Please note that the duties and responsibilities associated with this position may vary based upon the agency's needs at the time of hire. The following description of major duties and responsibilities is only intended to give applicants a general overview of the expectations.
- Research, write, and edit white papers and reports on a variety of postal related issues;
- Conduct research and analysis to identify major trends and developments affecting domestic and international postal markets;
- Research and evaluate market conditions for existing or future postal products, services, and channels, looking at domestic and international best practices;
- Research and evaluate markets for new business development opportunities, and present potential business ideas;
- Contribute to monthly bulletins of postal news;
- Present research findings and assist in organizing roundtables and workshops;
- Provide data mining and analytical support.