The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
Vacancies from this announcement may be filled at the following grade levels: AD-03, AD-05, AD-07.
This is a Solicitation of Interest to create a pool of qualified candidates to fill an excepted service position (Title 10) of Professor of Military History at the Marine Corps Command and Staff College (CSC), Marine Corps University. The Marine Corps Command and Staff College is located in Breckinridge Hall on the campus of Marine Corps University on Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia.
The purpose and focus of effort of this Title 10 faculty position is to design, develop, coordinate, implement, instruct, and evaluate student performance in the functional area of war studies within a joint professional military education curriculum. Candidates will educate U.S. military, U.S. government, and international students in the historical context for the enduring nature of war and the changing character of war. This notice is posted since the position was vacated on 21 October 2013.
· Employs active adult learning methodology to prepare and deliver graduate-level lectures and seminars on a variety of topics to include the evolution of the art and science of warfare, the theory and practice of war, the range of military operations, and the evolution of the operational art.
· Participates in the design, development, and synchronization of the Colleges curriculum with regard to topics related to war studies.
· Advises and assists student in a graduate-level advanced degree program that includes the design of a research plan, the development of written essay, and the presentation of an oral defense.
· Participates in scholarly panel discussions and other academic outreach activities.
· Conducts publishable research within the applicants field of expertise.