Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
- These vacancies will be located at Reynolds Army Community Hospital, Behavioral Health Department, Ft. Sill, OK.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Nestled in the historic American Southwest, the Ft. Sill area boasts numerous attractions, expanding and affordable housing, quality school districts, and access to shopping and dining. Lawton/Ft Sill is surrounded by a national treasure, the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. There are thousands of acres for hiking and open ranges for buffalo, elk, longhorn and other wildlife. For those desiring a big city atmosphere, Oklahoma City is only 70 minutes from Ft Sill and Dallas/Ft Worth is only three hours away.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist at Ft. Sill, you will:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise delivery of the mental health services program for non-active beneficiaries at Reynolds Army Community hospital.
- Provide psychological services to active duty soldiers as needed and as directed by the Chief, Community Mental Health Service.
- Evaluate clinical records and monitor testing administration and scoring for quality assurance.
- Approve selection of various tests, interpret various complex tests, provide consultation regarding testing and interpreting issues, evaluate test results for release and evaluate diagnostic summaries.
- Utilize broad range of psychotherapeutic techniques including brief psychotherapy, behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy, client centered therapy, group therapy, and family psychotherapy.