If you are selected for this position your responsibilities will include:
· Assisting patients with Activities of Daily Living, such as grooming, bathing, and meals.
· Constantly monitors stock to ensure the special trays are being utilized within the proper time limitations Promptly identifies, removes, reports and disposes of outdated and/or contaminated supplies.
· Assists patients or other health care team members with prescribed interventions, such as ambulating, therapeutic exercises, and aseptic dressing changes.
· Reinforces patient instructions in the proper technique of various self administered treatments such as aerosol therapy, postural drainage, intermittent positive breathing exercises, etc., and documents the activities performed.
· Collects specimens for clinical and/or research care and handles and delivers in accordance with prescribed protocols.
· Obtains and records vital signs; temperature, blood pressure, height/weight, and reports any abnormal findings to the clinical nurse.
· Performs phlebotomy, electrocardiograms and other procedures after completion of certification and/or training and competency validation completed
· Utilizes automated equipment and assistive transport devices safely.
· Reinforces policies and procedures to patient and families in conjunction with the clinical nurse teaching.