Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
With more than
22,000 military members and their families, Ft Polk provides us with a diverse
and well-skilled population. The area is considered rural with the Kisatchie
National Forest, which offers hunting and recreational activities located
nearby. Also located nearby is Toledo Bend, Vernon, and Anacoco Lake for those
interested in fishing, boating, or swimming.
For more information, please visit: http://www.jrtc-polk.army.mil/JRTC-Polk_NEW/sites/local/
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Psychologist, at Ft. Polk, LA you will:
- Provides diagnostic and treatment services to a patient population such as those attempting suicide; suffering from substance abuse; victims of abuse (e.g., physical, sexual, emotional), and exhibiting various forms of extreme thought disorder (e.g., schizophrenia, autism, paranoia).
- Screens and interviews patients and performs bio-psycho social evaluations, using extensive comprehensive knowledge of concepts, principles, procedures, and practices relating to psychological counseling.
- Review statistical data to modify behavioral health program goals.
- Counsel patients utilizing a variety of psychological treatment modalities.
- Administers, scores, and interprets appropriate psychological tests.