Job Title:IT Specialist (APPSW)
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:Defense Finance and Accounting Service
Job Announcement Number:D-DFAS-1034410-14
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, January 22, 2014 to
Wednesday, February 05, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|3 vacancies in the following location:|
Indianapolis, IN View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located in DEPUTY DIRECTOR STRATEGY AND SUPPORT, INFO & TECHNOLOGY DIR OFFICE, INFO & TECH SHARED SERVICES, INDEPENDENT TESTING, DJMS TESTING in Indianapolis, IN.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
- Occasional Travel
- This position may require up to 24% travel.
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Background Investigation
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1.Attention to Detail
-OR- Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards.
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-09) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized Experience is defined as: participating in the lifecycle development/modification of mid-tier Automated Information Systems; supporting System Integrated Testing (SIT) and System Acceptance Testing (SAT); and testing financial systems involving working through preparing test plans, executing test scripts, and documenting system issues and risks.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. may be substituted to meet the specialized experience requirement. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-critical sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
- Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Software Testing / Engineering: Knowledge of software engineering design and development methodologies, paradigms, and tools; the software life cycle; software reusability; and software reliability metrics.
- Technical Competence: uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on the job experience to perform ones job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues. Develop test plans and test scripts (test impact controls) leveraging knowledge of military pay systems.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Customer Service: Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, and satisfy their expectations.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.