Job Title:Student Trainee (Park Ranger) (Pathways Internship)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Job Announcement Number:WTHI147984121033863PI
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$25,181.00 to $41,122.00 / Per Year|
|Wednesday, January 22, 2014 to Tuesday, February 04, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Internships NTE One Year|
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
Chamberlain, SD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Student Program Eligibles within Local Commuting Area|
|Q - Sensitive|
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program.
This position is intended to be filled during the traditional summer months (May to August/September) and may or may not continue throughout the entire year. Incumbents may be required to work weekend and holiday hours.
The Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students currently enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work and get paid while exploring federal careers through a job with the Department of Army.Conversion potential is dependent on management's discretion based on various factors such as budget, organizational need, student performance, education, etc.
The Department of the Army Pathways Interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
These positions will be filled at either the GS-03, GS-04 or GS-05 levels only with no promotion potential to higher grades.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Interns must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and;
- Perform their job successfully as documented through performance evaluations and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: the Internship Program page on the Office of Personnel Management's website.
Who May Apply:
Department of the Army Internship Program Eligibles within the Designated Commuting Area
Positions are open to current students in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
Designated Commuting Area is defined as anyone within 100 miles of Charlestown, SD.
- Not Required
- Must remain in good academic standing while in the program.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized for this position
- Students must be 18 to operate a motor vehicle on public roadways at night.
- A valid drivers license is required.
- Will be required to wear a uniform.