In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education or training involving administrative or clerical experience (i.e., applying guidelines, rules and regulations to assignments, composing correspondence, researching and compiling information and data, and records administration). Experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-06 Must have at least 9 months experience, education or training involving reviewing and/or modifying forms to determine if they are essential, can be simplified, consolidated with existing forms, or standardized for wider use. Experience working with internal controls pertaining to administrative functions. Knowledge of the organization and its mission sufficient to collect, organize and interpret information to include statistical material. Experience working with regulations and administrative procedures involved in assessing and assuring compliance.
GS-07 Must have at least 12 months experience, education or training evaluating and determining regulatory compliance. Experience using guidelines, methods, precedents and techniques applicable to the specific programs or phases relative to the position. Experience conducting studies, preparing reports, and making changes to eliminate in effective operations.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Completion of 2 academic years of education in an accredited college or university will satisfy the requirements for GS-4 positions. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience for GS-5 positions.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Practical knowledge of services, readiness management, Status of Resources and Training System (SORTS), and associated programs in order to analyze and plan adequate mission support. Knowledge must incorporate principles, concepts, and methodologies to accomplish assignments. Incumbent must weigh the impact of variables such as cost, critical personnel qualifications, equipment availability and other issues that influence the course of actions taken in resolving questions or issues and must posses the ability to interpret readiness management reporting procedures, policies, and directives.
2. Knowledge and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
3. Knowledge and skill in using spread sheets, data bases, word processing software and computer systems in support of assigned programs.
4. Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of program related issues or problems.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A PERMANENT MILITARY TECHNICIAN OF THE 107th AW FROM THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a "from and to" date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.