Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions
carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing
consideration for the job. This position is located in the Inpatient Med/Peds
Nursing Department under the Division of Nursing Services of the Crownpoint
Healthcare Facility, Crownpoint, NM.
· As a member of the health care team, performs nursing duties for
the care of inpatients.
· Develops individualized patients care plans or participates in
patient care planning which involves the assessment and evaluation of patient
needs; determines procedures and practice to be included with periodic
evaluation of plans to insure that intended results are being achieved.
· Interviews patient and family member(s) and consults with
attending physician(s), other staff member(s) to determine and evaluate the
kind of health and physical care needed.
· Reviews and interprets finding to distinguish between normal and
abnormal conditions; carries out treatment and emergency or other procedures
required; administers medications; observes and documents patients conditions,
changes and reactions to medications and medical treatment.
· Maintains health records by documenting observations, nursing
interventions and therapeutic measures administered.
assigned as team leader, provides guidance, direction and training to ancillary
nursing and other personnel.
· Provides counseling and teaching to patients and families or
surrogates on preventive, curative and rehabilitative measures involved in
· Initiates patients referrals when necessary to maintain
continuity of patient care; participates in the development, implementation and
evaluation of standards of care, CQI Assurance and Infection Control
· Maintains professional knowledge and proficiency in nursing
through continuing education staff meetings, workshops, and serving on nursing