- Serves as the principal advisor to senior management on all aspects of permanent, temporary, and traveling exhibitions to include short-term and long-range planning design and content development, architectural and engineering plans, historic preservation, conservation, contracting, cost estimating, demolition, fabrication, installation and de-installation, maintenance, graphics, way-finding, and audio-visual.
- Oversees the design and production of several science and anthropological exhibitions simultaneously, some of which are large and complex, displaying thousands of valuable specimens and artifacts.
- Develops, justifies, executes, and controls the Office of Exhibits Federal and Trust budgets and ensures compliance with all Federal, Institution and Museum financial management policies and procedures.
- Directs the Office of Exhibitions, leading staff and contractors to ensure quality performance consistent with Museum program emphasis and overall priorities.
· Participates in broader Smithsonian initiatives locally, nationally, or internationally, relating to exhibition planning, development and/or implementation.