Job Title: Nurse PractitionerJob Announcement Number: MD-DH-14-1518
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Medical Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, January 16, 2014 to
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Multiple Schedules -
Multiple Appointment Types
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:No referral list will be issued from this announcement. Resumes of qualified individuals will be posted in a secure, online database for management review and remain active for 120 days. As job opportunities occur throughout the year, the selecting official may make selections from this database. Candidates will be contacted directly by the hiring organization when they are being considered for a position.The initial length of an overseas tour is 2 or 3 years depending upon location.This announcement may be used to fill permanent, term, part-time, intermittent, supervisory, or temporary positions.A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.Please INDICATE THE OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES for which you wish consideration, if no specialties are identified, you will be placed under the "General" specialty. This announcement may be used to fill Advanced Practice Registered Nurse positions in the following specialty areas: Acute Care, Adult, Family Nurse Practitioner, General, Midwife, Nurse Anesthetist, OB-GYN, Pediatric, and Psychiatric.
Who May Apply:
All U.S. Citizens You may apply online by Clicking HereYou may check your status online at http://medcell.army.mil/status.asp
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- May include shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
DUTIES:Back to top
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses provide direct nursing service in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care in hospitals, clinics, or other patient care facilities. Advanced Practice Registered Nurses practice independently and collaboratively with other health care professionals to provide primary care and to diagnose, treat, and manage the patient's preventive, acute, and chronic health problems.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
- Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Registration: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully the duties typically performed in the occupational specialty area as a Advanced Practice Registered Nurse. In your resume, be sure to reference specific experience related to the specialty for which you are applying.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For a GS-12, GS-13 position, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted. For a GS-11 position, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
- Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-11: Successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, that is directly related to the work of the position.
- Combination of Experience and Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-11: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 36 hours (total semester hours minus 36) by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
- Education Requirement: Advanced Practice Registered Nurses who complete their respective specialty programs after 31 December 2001 must be a graduate of an accredited master's level or doctoral program acceptable to Department of Army that prepares Registered Nurses with additional knowledge and skills to practice in their clinical specialty.
- Certification Requirement: Advanced Practice Registered Nurses will maintain current certification by a national certifying body (for example, American Nurse Practitioners and Nurses; American Nurses Association; American Nurses Credentialing Center; National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic, and Neonatal Nursing Specialties, Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetist), as appropriate for their specialty area of practice.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
Personnel Security Investigation required.This position may require a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing. A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested. Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment. Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
Selected applicant must provide documents for credentialing.One-year supervisory probationary period may be required. A one-year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement.If selected, official college or university transcripts must be submitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Basis for Rating: Your application package (resume and supporting documents) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, as described in this Job Announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position. Your resume will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
YOU MAY APPLY ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
To apply for this position, click the hyperlink above to access the Online Application procedures through the website. The preferred method of application is the Online Application process. The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (CST) on Tuesday, September 30, 2014
If you are unable to apply online, you may mail your resume via surface mail to:
PECH-NCR-B, CHRA-NC Region
Bldg 104, Medcell
1 Rock Island Arsenal
Rock Island, IL 61299
If submitting your resume by mail, you must include the Job Announcement number, Social Security Number, Geographic Location preferences, and Occupational Specialties for which you wish to receive consideration. Failure to provide this information will result in an Ineligible rating.
PLEASE NOTE: if applying by postal mail, the complete Application Package must be received in our office by Tuesday, September 30, 2014
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
Transcripts: This position has a positive education requirement. You MUST submit a copy of your transcript and if you completed your respective specialty program after 31 December 2001, you MUST submit a copy of your Master's level or doctoral degree transcript. See: Transcripts and Licenses
Registration: This position has a registration requirement. You MUST submit a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted professional nurse registration.
Certification: This position has a certification requirement. You MUST submit a copy of your current, active, valid, unrestricted professional nurse certification.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
To check the status of your application, please visit http://medcell.army.mil/status.asp
Once this announcement closes, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the Minimum Qualifications found in the vacancy announcement. If you are found to be qualified, your application/resume may be referred to the selecting official for consideration. If your application/resume is referred to the selecting official, you may be contacted for an interview; however, this is optional. If you are selected, you will receive a tentative job offer.
Additional Duty Location Info
Many vacancies in the following locations:
Fort Wainwright, AK View Map
Fort Irwin, CA View Map
Fort Carson, CO View Map
Fort Benning, GA View Map
Fort Gordon, GA View Map
Fort Stewart, GA View Map
Fort Shafter, HI View Map
Schofield Barracks, HI View Map
Tripler Army Medical Center, HI View Map
Fort Leavenworth, KS View Map
Fort Riley, KS View Map
Fort Campbell, KY View Map
Fort Knox, KY View Map
Fort Polk, LA View Map
Fort Leonard Wood, MO View Map
Fort Bragg, NC View Map
Fort Drum, NY View Map
Fort Sill, OK View Map
Fort Jackson, SC View Map
Fort Bliss, TX View Map
Fort Hood, TX View Map
Fort Sam Houston, TX View Map
Fort Belvoir, VA View Map
Fort Eustis, VA View Map
Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA View Map
Hohenfels, GermanyView Map
Landstuhl, GermanyView Map
Vilseck, GermanyView Map
South KoreaView Map