Job Title:Public Affairs Specialist-NICHD-MP
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NICHD-14-MP-102557
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, January 27, 2014 to
Friday, January 31, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Bethesda, MD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
If you have experience in marketing and advertising that can assist with overall messaging and communications related to recruitment and retention in a longitudinal cohort study, AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Department of Health and Human Service (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Office of the Director, National Children's Study. For more information visit NICHD at: http://www. nichd.nih.gov
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Public Affairs Specialist, you will:
· Function as a Public Affairs Specialist with responsibility for planning and coordinating the dissemination of information relating to the organization's programs, objectives and functions through the news media.
· Develop and write information materials designed to reach national audiences through the news media such as wire services, radio, television, newspaper, etc.
· Establish and develop effective relationships with media representatives and public affairs personnel of specialized groups, which currently give little or no coverage to organization programs.
· Develop communication plans by considering such items as specific topics or aspects to emphasize, the most effective media to use in communicating with intended audiences, the kind of information various groups want or need, etc.
· Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of communication plans and advises management if efforts should be discontinued, emphasis changed or coverage expanded in improving intercommunication between organization and various audiences through media utilization.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS- 07 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector. Examples of qualifying experience include: Supporting public awareness campaigns by performing tasks such as monitoring the status of planned media events or conferences, developing proposed brochures, flyers, etc.; developing information used by higher graded specialist to brief member of the general public; developing and disseminating factual information concerning an organization's programs or projects.
Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B or J.D., if related.
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one(1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector. Examples of qualifying experience include: writing, editing and reviewing news advisories, releases, government/professional correspondence, talking points, or questions and answers; implementing communication plans for an organization; developing written communication materials concerning a range of subjects related to the organization's programs; analyzing information program materials and making recommendations for improving the deliver of program information.
Completed a Ph.D, or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an L.L.M, if related.
You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following tasks: writing a variety of information materials designed to reach national audiences through the news media such as wire services, radio, television, newspaper, etc; evaluating the impact and effectiveness of communication plans and improving intercommunication between an organization and various audiences through media utilization; developing effective relationships with media representatives of specialized groups.
View Assessment Questions
If you qualify on the basis of education in lieu of experience, you must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed, and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: