All qualifications must be met by the closing date of this announcement, Friday, February 07, 2014. Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as well as selective factors as described in the occupational/assessment questionnaire and as outlined below.
Qualifications for the GS-07 Level:
Specialized Experience: Possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-6 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform successfully the duties of a Supervisory Visitor Use Assistant. Examples of specialized experience include: handling, tracking and depositing monies; auditing fee collection and deposit procedures; hiring, supervising, scheduling and managing others involved in fee collection and visitor orientation programs and working with technology and software used in revenue and fee management.
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. This requires applicants who have held a GS position at any time within the past 52 weeks to have served at least 52 weeks at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for this occupation.
To qualify based on education, you must submit a legible copy of transcripts from an accredited institution with your name, school name, credit hours, course level, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking. Applicants can verify accreditation HERE .
Transcripts do not need to be official but if you are selected for this position and you used your education to qualify then you will need to provide official transcripts before you enter on duty.
You can receive credit for education received outside the United States if you provide evidence that it is comparable to an accredited education institution in the United States when you apply. For further information click HERE.
1. You may be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
2. National Park Service (NPS) uniformed position. Employee will be required to wear a uniform and comply with NPS uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided to defray the cost of the uniform.
3. Applicants must possess a valid state driver's license. This position requires that you operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties. A valid State driver's license is required. As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit a completed GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that discloses all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you. If you are tentatively selected for employment in this position, you will be required to complete GSA Form 3607 and submit the above State issued documents. Your employment, after your tentative selection, will be contingent upon receipt of these documents in a timely manner and that those documents establish, to the satisfaction of the selecting official, that you possess a valid driver's license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application package, including the online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Your ratings are subject to change if discrepancies exist between your responses and your supporting documents.
All applicants will be rated on the following Skills or Competencies:
- Ability to plan, coordinate and supervise a fee collection program.
- Arithmetic - Performs computations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Interpersonal Skills - Shows understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, concern, and politeness to others; may include effectively dealing with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and different situations.
- Speaking - Uses correct English grammar to organize and communicate ideas in words that are appropriate to listeners and situations; uses body language appropriately.
- Technology Application - Uses machines, tools, or equipment effectively; uses computers and computer applications to analyze and communicate information in the appropriate format.
- Flexibility - Adapts quickly to changes. Is open to change and new information.
If you meet the qualification requirements based on your online application and are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
You must include months, years and hours per week worked to receive credit for your work experience. One year of specialized experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hours per week. Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for experience that does not indicate exact hours per week or is listed as "varies".