Minimum Requirements: Experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 24 months experience, education, or training in analysis of the interrelationship of pertinent components of the system. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment. Experience scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed by computers where alternatives had to be weighed with a view to production efficiency.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1.Knowledge of the functionality of a wide range of C4 products and the training materials available to teach those products to users.
2. Knowledge of and skill in applying the principles, methods, practices and training techniques of instructional design and information systems instruction to ensure the adequate training of users on various computer hardware, software, network, distance learning and Internet applications.
3. Basic knowledge of programming languages and systems software and systems development life cycles to assist other information technology (IT) specialists.
4. Ability to develop and implement C4 training plans and programs.
5. Basic knowledge of and skill in electronic publishing and web site design to be able to publish a variety of training materials (i.e., training guides, training schedules, training resources, etc.) on a state maintained website.
6. Knowledge of and skill in applying instructional technologies, instructional design, and related web technologies to plan and provide for user training.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
8. Knowledge and skill in applying instructional technology methods and procedures, integrating new technology into the classroom environment, maximizing the use of alternative training methods (i.e., distance learning, web-based training, etc.).
9. Knowledge and skill in applying commonly used query languages to create reports and manipulate data in response to customer requirements.
10. Ability to troubleshoot the less complex operating problems along with the ability to provide guidance and training to customers.
Quality of Experience: Level of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Miscellaneous Administration and Program Positions.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree. Major study-computer science, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or engineering, or course work that required the development or adaptation of computer programs and systems and provided knowledge equivalent to a major in the computer field.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted, Warrant Officer or Officer (O3 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL MOS: 25B/U/Z WO BRANCH: 250N, 251A, 254A OFF BRANCH: 25, 53)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.