Minimum Requirements: Experience, education, or training interpreting, explaining, and/or applying basic rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of a transportation program. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training obtaining and interpreting information. Experience organizing and developing clear and concise written communication. Experience applying directives and regulations governing transportation of personnel, cargo or freight.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Knowledge and application of an extensive body of transportation regulations, methods, and industry practices to perform a wide variety of transportation support assignments and resolve a wide range of problems.
2. Knowledge of transportation regulations that relate to the movement of a wide range of specialized shipments (over-dimensional, hazardous, and security risk items).
3. Requires extensive practical knowledge of the carrier industry and specialized shipment needs to identify the appropriate shipping method, carrier equipment, services, and special handling required.
4. Skill in analyzing and interpreting technical transportation requirements in determining mode and carrier according to priority of assigned shipments.
5. Ability to work independently to ensure efficient and economical use of carrier service, monitor reports of shipment discrepancies, to locate lost cargo and assess liability for damaged cargo.
Quality of Experience: Level of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Miscellaneous Administration and Program Positions.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: High school graduate or the equivalent may be substituted for 3 months of specialized experience. Education in schools above the high school level may be substituted for experience on the basis of one academic year of study (i.e., 36 weeks of substantially full-time study, or 30 semester hours, or the equivalent) for 12 months of the required experience. For experience required in excess of 24 months, education in schools above the high school level may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of education for six months of experience.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E4 - E6) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL MOS: 25B, 36B, 51C, 88M/N, 89A/B, 92A/F/G/Y)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.