The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This Supervisory Librarian position is located in the Infrastructure and Content Department of the Naval War College Learning Commons where the primary function is to design, develop and implement infrastructures, print collections, internetworked information systems and pervasive computing environments that make it possible for resident and long-distance faculty, students and staff to conduct research, share knowledge and exchange information.
- Develop and maintain innovative technologies to support building, organizing, storing, classifying, analyzing and weeding collections in a variety of analog and digital formats.
- Perform work process analysis in order to improve workflows.
- Make recommendations and submit proposals for new digital initiatives, purchasing equipment/services and intercollegiate partnerships.
- Delegate work, evaluate performance, update position descriptions and participate on selection committees.
- Develop and conduct in-house training.