Job Title:Dental Officer (Open Continuous) DE
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Indian Health Service
Job Announcement Number:IHS-14-NJ-1026287-DE
|$97,987.00 to $195,000.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, January 13, 2014 to Wednesday, December 31, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location(s):|
Chinle, AZ View Map
Inscription House, AZ View Map
Kayenta, AZ View Map
Pinon, AZ View Map
Red Mesa, AZ View Map
More Locations (6)
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
|Q - Nonsensitive|
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Delegated Examining procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++VA number IHS-14-NJ-1025594-ESEP/MP++; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered or Direct Hire.
Your application will expire in 3 months and you will need to reapply to keep your application active.
This is an open continuous vacancy announcement and applications will be referred when vacancies occur. Qualified Candidates with a complete application will be considered for all vacancies that occur within the time period of this announcement. You will be considered for those vacancies that match your desired geographic locations. Positions may be filled at ANY of the grade levels indicated in this announcement, with or without promotion potential as vacancies occur. Applicants should specify the lowest grade (GS-level) that they will accept.
The Staff Dental Officer, Advanced Clinical, is located at one of the various Indian Health Service Hospitals or Clinics under the Navajo Area Office. Assists the Chief, Service Unit Dental Program, in implementing and operation of the dental program that includes preventive, educational, and corrective dental services. The Dental Program provides emergency, preventive, restorative, rehabilitative and community services in a highly complex and diverse setting to American Indian and other Native American beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries. Incumbent reports to Supervisory Dental Officer at respective health facility.
· Position Details: Permanent position(s) to be filled
· Salary Range: $97,987.00 - $195,000.00 (annually)
· Promotion Potential: GS-12
· Merit Promotion Position: Yes
· Supervisory/Managerial Position: No
· Is Position covered by PL 101-630? Yes, see Item #3 in the How to Apply Tab.
· Is Drug Testing Required? No
· Is Government Housing available? Yes, depending on availability and duty station.
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must be able to distinguish shades of color.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid Dental License in a State.