Join the Selective Service System's team of energetic, career minded professionals! The Selective Service System offers an opportunity for self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to launch or continue a career in public service.
Our fast paced environment consists of challenging and rewarding work, training opportunities, and the potential for advancement. The Selective Service System offers competitive wages, a thrift savings plan with matching funds (similar to a 401k savings program), extensive health care benefits (dental and vision coverage available), paid vacation time, and a host of unique work-life benefit options that include Tele-work options as well as Alternate and Flexible Work Schedules.
The Selective Service System is an independent agency whose mission is to maintain a system which can promptly and efficiently furnish untrained manpower for induction into the Armed Forces during a national emergency; and provides an Alternative Service Program to men classified as conscientious objectors during a draft.
As an Accounting Technician in the Financial Management Directorate, you will perform a range of accounting tasks including managing accounts, processing payments, and maintaining financial records. Your work will support the Directorate's mission to manage Selective Service System fiscal resources efficiently, effectively, and with integrity.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Receive, review, and obligate funding documents including purchase orders, contracts, and travel orders, ensuring that expenditures are authorized in accordance with regulations and charged to the correct appropriations.
- Receive, audit, correct, and process travel reimbursement requests.
- Input ledger data and reconcile necessary accruals for all service contracts.
- Prepare, reconcile, verify, and correct vendor invoices, vouchers, and other fiscal items for payment.
- Utilize automated accounting systems to enter, annotate, transmit, and adjust financial data.
- Prepare correspondence and call vendors to resolve problems concerning payment of invoices.