This is a GG-14 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-14 duties for the "Supervision/Management" work category are at the Senior" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-14 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***Salary Ranges shown do not include local market supplement ***
The organizational location of this position is: NASIC, Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Major Duties for Intelligence Specialist, GG-0132-14:
- Serves as senior subject matter expert on complex multi-source intelligence analyst in support of persistent Space Situational Awareness (SSA). Performs analysis or leads teams/projects in intelligence production to support component, combatant command, and support the squadrons planning and operations.
- Presents ISR capabilities to a variety of service, national, and coalition customers. Defines and develops the technical structure, analytical approach, and the technical policies, procedures, issues and concepts on projects, tasks and services to assure a balanced program to support the requirements of a diverse customer set.
- Serves as a senior adviser and primary consultant in imagery and radio frequence (RF) intelligence functions. Reviews and analyzes proposals or initiatives from contractors for modifying or enhancing the efficiency and/or effectiveness of imagery and RF data processing/analysis tools and makes recommendations for implementation.
- Manages, oversees, and integrates foreign space programs, analyze space system employment, and related infrastructures issues for Squadron leadership. Makes recommendations and defends to the Space Analysis Squadrons decisions on operational policy matters; often required to make recommendations on committing funds or resources impacting future capabilities.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to two employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives
DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package.