About the Agency
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview
If you have experience in marketing and advertising that can assist with overall messaging and communications related to recruitment and retention in a longitudinal cohort study, AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Department of Health and Human Service (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Office of the Director, National Children's Study. For more information visit NICHD at: http://www. nichd.nih.gov
As a Public Affairs Specialist, you will:
· Function as a Public Affairs Specialist with responsibility for planning and coordinating the dissemination of information relating to the organization's programs, objectives and functions through the news media.
· Develop and write information materials designed to reach national audiences through the news media such as wire services, radio, television, newspaper, etc.
· Establish and develop effective relationships with media representatives and public affairs personnel of specialized groups, which currently give little or no coverage to organization programs.
· Develop communication plans by considering such items as specific topics or aspects to emphasize, the most effective media to use in communicating with intended audiences, the kind of information various groups want or need, etc.
· Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of communication plans and advises management if efforts should be discontinued, emphasis changed or coverage expanded in improving intercommunication between organization and various audiences through media utilization.