REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. The incumbent maintains a current Nurse Practitioner license, and meets continuing education requirements for the State(s) licensed in.
2. The incumbent must be licensed by a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Maintains current CPR certification.
3. Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing principles, procedures, and techniques to patient care.
4. Alertness and skill in providing care and reacting to emergency situations.
5. Knowledge of training methods and sufficient interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and co-workers during which instructional and educational information is presented.
6. Knowledge of and participation in established clinic and NCCHC requirements on safety, infection control, quality assurance, maintenance of records of patients seen, statistical information gathering, etc.
7. Practical knowledge of laboratory procedures and guidelines; skill in collecting a variety of samples.
8. Knowledge of supply requisition procedure and ability to complete requests for equipment repair and maintenance.
9. Maintains current CPR certification and accrues 12 continuing education hours. (NCCHC standard)
10. The incumbent must have a minimum of 6 months clinical provider experience in direct patient care, or the express approval of IHSCs Medical Director based on the receiving sites ability to mentor and teach the newly licensed.
O4 billet- Requires a Nursing Practitioner license and BLS. ACLS-optional. Minimum 4 years experience.
Level 1- Requires a Nursing Practitioner license and BLS. ACLS-optional. 0 -4 years experience
- Cultural Competency.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Good Oral/Written Communication Skills.
- Maintains clinical professional skills/certification via continuing education opportunities.
- Adult learner teaching skills.
- Maintains basic readines status.