Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 1027044
PLEASE READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY AND IN ITS ENTIRETY TO ENSURE THAT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS ARE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT A COMPLETE APPLICATON PACKAGE WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1027044
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
NOTE: The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-12 to GS-13. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Tele-work eligibility will be discussed during the interview process or this is a proposed telework position when that level of flexibility is achieved in the VA system.
The EBP for PTSD TMH Provider will focus on the delivery of CPT and/or PE to Veterans through telemental health modalities. This is a full-time position. Specific duties include:
- Providing screening, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, and concomitant conditions, with a primary focus on the delivery of Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT; either using group or individual modalities) and/or Prolonged Exposure (PE), both time-limited, evidence-based approaches to the treatment of PTSD;
- Providing CPT and/or PE through the use of telemental health modalities; evidence-based psychotherapies for other mental health conditions may be provided on a limited basis as a secondary role;
- Applying advanced theories and techniques to a wide range of patients with PTSD;
- Providing professional consultation in areas related to evidence-based treatments for PTSD;
- Coordinating treatment planning and delivery of services that best meet the needs of patients diagnosed with PTSD and are based on scientific research on optimal treatment;
- Promoting communication/interactions between team members, patients, and their families to facilitate the treatment process;
- Training and supervision of clinical staff /trainees, as appropriate;
- Participation in program evaluation efforts in conjunction with Office of Mental Health Services, the medical center, and Office of Telehealth Services as appropriate
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***