Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Medical Command
Hiring Organization: USA Army Public Health Command, Army Institute of Public Health, Toxicology, Health Effects Research
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD View Map
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This Interdisciplinary position is located at USA Public Health Command (USAPHC), Aberdeen Proving Ground, Edgewood Area, MD.
Public Health Command's mission is to promote health and prevent disease, injury, and disability of Soldiers and military retirees, their Families, and Department of the Army civilian employees; and assure effective execution of full spectrum veterinary service for Army and Department of Defense Veterinary missions.
Vision: World-class provider of public health services across DA and DoD.
Because of the partnership with Picerne Military Housing, Department of Army civilian employees now have an option to rent family housing and enjoy the benefits of living on-post at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. There are various floor plans available. Selection is on a first-come first-served basis. If you are interested in this housing option, please contact the Picerne Military Housing Leasing and Relocation Center at 877-276-6659.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Eligible for Persons with Disabilities
- Occasional Travel
- 20% of the time in travel status
- Position requires 20% temporary duty (TDY) travel.
- During study conduct, weekends and holidays, up to 90 days required.
- Annual occupational health medical screening required.