About the Agency
The AFRH is an independent Federal Agency which most closely resembles a private sector Continuing Care Retirement Community with a geriatric resident population of distinguished Veterans who have served their country. If you would like to work in an environment that nurtures the Health and Wellness philosophy of aging and that provides a continuum of residential Life Care Services in a community setting for our Nation's Heroes, we invite you to visit our website.
WHO MAY APPLY
U.S. Citizens from the who meet ONE of the following:
Current, permanent Federal employees with competitive status or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.
Individuals eligible under CTAP/ICTAP from the local commuting area.
Federal employees in excepted service positions covered by an interchange agreement.
Individuals eligible for appointment under appointing authorities; e.g., disabled individuals, returned volunteers from Peace Corps/VISTA, Certain Military Spouses, Veterans' Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) (Local commuting area restriction does not apply to VEOA applicants.) and Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA).
As the Librarian, you will:
- Provide professional library services to meet the needs of all Residents and employees, i.e., general reading, viewing videotaped/DVD movies or instructional videos, and/or listening to music, and literature or instructional material on audio cassettes.
- Provide classes and programs such as reading publications to visually impaired residents, conducting poetry and/or play events, hosting a book club, genealogy groups, computer/IPAD classes and monthly meetings for movies. Weekly discussions (storytelling and current events) are held in the Healthcare areas.
- Recommend priorities for use of funds for all books and subscriptions. Assists with preparation of annual budget for expenditures on items such as books, periodicals, journals, supplies and library equipment.
- Act as the Liaison with outside volunteers and agencies who provide services (computer classes, storytelling program, inter library loan program), genealogy, etc. to Residents.
- As part of the Resident Services team, staff will be required to assist in the “Health Check” process to ensure the Health and well being of the AFRH residents.