The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One (1) permanent full-time Management Analyst position located in the Engineering department at the Phoenix Indian Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona. Incumbent will perform a variety of management analysis assignments involving the application of qualitative and quantitative methods to evaluate the internal organizational administrative operations to determine their efficiency and effectiveness.
Who May Apply:
Merit Promotion Plan (MPP) - Current and former career or status employees.
Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP) - Indian Preference or Schedule A applicants.
Veterans Preference - Including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) applicants.
Commissioned Corps candidates.
- No government housing available
- Relocation expenses are not authorized and will not be paid
- Position covered by PL 101-630
- Bargaining unit position
See http://www.ihs.gov/jobsatihs/ for more details.
- Manage and track Bio-Medical and Operations service contracts.
- Ensure timely entry and receipt of material requisitions required for in-house facility projects.
- Work with Operations Specialist and Bio-Medical Engineer to ensure proper function of the Engineering department financial priority projects.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- Occasional Travel
- May travel to outlying Service Units.