Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position serves as a Paralegal Specialist for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Office of Chief Counsel. This position is permanent, part-time, hours will vary from 24- 40 per pay period depending on the location in which you will be working.
Atlanta, GA- (26 hours per pay period)
New York, NY (40 hours per pay period)
Cincinnati, OH- (26 hours per pay period)
Portland, OR- (26 hours per pay period)
Who may apply:
United States Citizens
Serves as Paralegal Specialist with the Office of Chief Counsel. Typical duties may include, but not limited to:
- Performs legal and factual research and closely related duties of a complex nature in in support of attorneys engaged in ligitation cases and matters.
- Performs research using files, library reference materials, corporate records, computer databases, and other pertinent sources, to supply needed factual information for inclusion in legal documents.
- Performs preliminary screening of substantive materials prior to review by attorneys.
- Prepares and organizes charts, graphs, and other material used as exhibits in court.
- Establishes and maintains a tracking system in entering case information into the system to generate informational and statistical reports.
- Administers the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) Program.
- Conducts or assists attorneys in interviews, investigations to secure affidavits of witnesses.
- Performs office administration and management functions.