Rural Development is committed to helping improve the economy and quality of life in all of rural America by providing financial programs to support essential public facilities and services such as water and sewer systems, housing, health clinics, emergency service facilities and electric and telephone service. Rural Development promotes economic development by providing loans to businesses through banks and community-managed lending pools, while also assisting communities to participate in community empowerment programs. Join the Rural Development team and make a commitment to America's rural communities.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion procedures on NY-2014-4122. Disabled Veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities can apply to the Merit Promotion announcement if they meet criteria for the above and include supporting documents.
This position is located USDA Rural Development Middletown Area Office in Schoharie, New York.
- Assists the Area Director in administering, processing, and servicing loans and grants under the direct Single Family program and/or administers loan guarantees under the Single Family Housing Guaranteed loan program.
- Analyzes, approves, and processes home-ownership loans, home improvement and repair loans and grants, mutual self-help technical assistance grants, and housing site loans with primary emphasis on loan making and the more complex servicing needs of the geographical area served.
- Reviews applications for program loan and grants; evaluates financial situations and credit risk factors; and approves or disapproves housing loans and grants.
- Assists Area Director, and Area Specialists in processing and servicing Community Program loans, grants and Loan guarantees.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel is required.