The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Operating Manual applies. A copy is available at http://www.OPM.gov/qualifications/index.asp . SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is any experience that is directly related to the position to be filled and which has equipped the candidate with the particular competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level by the closing date of the announcement.
For GS-09: Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07; or its non-Federal equivalent that demonstrates: performing loan making and/or loan servicing duties such as regularly examining loan applications, supporting documents, credit reports, and maintaining servicing activities of somewhat complex loans and/or grants; assisting higher level loan specialists by performing assigned portions of financial credit analysis in connection with more complex loans as a way of acquiring training and competency for more difficult loan examining and servicing assignments. Including reviewing and passing upon applications for agricultural, municipal and non-profit organizations, bank or mortgage loans; servicing a loan portfolio of a bank or other loan association; performing financial analysis of commercial concerns for investment purposes; and appraising real estate to determine property valuation or similar work.
or masters, or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related OR a combination of education as described and specialized experience.
• Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
• Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. If selected you may be subject to a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) and a credit report inquiry.
• CONFIDENTIAL FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT: If selected, you will be required to submit Form OGE-450 within 30 days of your initial appointment date, and annually thereafter. Selectee is subject to financial Disclosure Requirements in accordance with 5 CFR, Part 2635, Sub part E regarding business or personal transactions with applicants, borrowers, or business contacts who have or who are seeking business with this Agency. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. If selected you will be subject to a National Agency Check and Inquiry (NACI) and a credit report.
• If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS "E-VERIFY" system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Knowledge of Housing, Commercial and Community Programs loan and/or grant making requirements.
- Knowledge of Housing, Commercial and Community Programs Servicing requirements
- Knowledge of Building Standards, Costs, Specifications and Contracts.
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
- Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements and are determined to be among the best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration. Non-Competitive candidates need to meet minimum qualification requirements to be referred.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
To view the application form, visit: https://rhs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=60ea1fb5-4113-4820-93f4-a26f00c1d1ee