Pay will be set by a compensation panel and is based on the qualifications and expertise of the applicant selected.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
The Associate Chief of Staff Education (ACOS/E) responsibilities are to primarily oversee the resident and student
trainees; also serves as supervisor for the Learning Resource Center which
includes Library, Simulation Center, Medical Media and Employee Education. The
ACOS/E will have 75% or more administrative time for duties.
- Represent Education in the facility, VISN 9 and VHA;
- Responsible for developing Affiliation Agreements with each participating educational institution (approx. 100 at a time);
- Actively participate in VA-University of Kentucky (UK) Affiliation Partnership;
- Oversee education of UK residents ( approx. 550 per year to process in, with 85 rotating at VA per month);
- Oversee education of Med students and nursing students ( approx. 600 per year) Manage the Learners Perceptions Survey and results;
- Coordinate UK responses to VHA Educational RFPs among other duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical requirements for this position include: moderate lifing (15-44 pounds), light lifting (under 15 pounds), light carrying (15-44 pounds), use of fingers, both hands required, walking, standing, kneeling, both legs required, ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously, near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in other, depth perceptions, ability to distinguish basic colors, ability to distinguish shades of color and hearing (aid permitted).