About the Agency
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1021460
I CARE - VA VALUES
INTEGRITY, COMMITMENT, ADVOCACY, RESPECT AND EXCELLENCE
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CARE LINE
NOTE: The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be placed in that specific grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
The Medical Support Assistant is assigned to the Mental Health Initiative Program for the Behavioral Health Care Line at the VA Medical Center in Syracuse, NY. The Advanced MSA works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary coordinated patient care delivery model (Patient Aligned Care Team - PACT). Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with the patient care team to review the clinic utilization by using various reports.
- Ensures the clinic setup is closely monitored to effectively support the clinic needs.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with patients, interdisciplinary team, VA staff and other customers.
- Notify patients of normal lab results.
- Develop and manage a tracking system for follow-up care.
- Participates in team huddles and team meetings to manage and plan patient care.
- Enters appropriate information into the patient's electronic medical record.
- Manages electronic wait list.
- Serves as receptionist for the clinic.
- Monitors pre-appointment requirements to assure readiness for patient visit/procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.