Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Consumer Safety Officer in the Consumer Affairs Branch (CAB), Division of Communication and Consumer Affairs, you will develop information and educational activities for consumer and professional organizations and publications.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-FDA-CBER-MP-14-1020069 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
· Develop messages for media representatives, consumer groups and patient advocacy groups in forums regarding specific regulatory and biological product safety and approval issues.
· Interact with formal and informal groups and the general public regarding a range of consumer and biological product safety and availability issues.
· Occasionally represent the Agency at organized conferences and events.
· Communicate the status of Center Biologics Evaluation and Research policies and initiatives.
- Occasional Travel
- Infrequent Travel Required