Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at the Legal Command, 16 Legal Operations Detachment, Staten Island, New York.
The Duty Station for this vacancy will be relocating to Fort Hamilton, New York early in 2014.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Duties of the position include:
- Manage unit and individual training utilizing automated systems to request allocations.
- Manage personnel, finance, and automated system activities.
- Perform record management duties for personnel, finance, and medical records.
- Manage unit supply program with accurate accounting and reporting.
- Serve as key point of contact for recruitment and retention for the unit.
- Review personnel and financial management records and takes corrective action.
- Research and analyzes data to be used in recurring and one-time reports.
- Assist Commander in researching and preparing budget proposals and expenditures.
- Assist Commander in implementations of and compliance with unit safety and physical security.
- Occasional Travel
- 5% business travel required.