Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at the Martin Army Hospital, Patient Centered Medical Home, Fort Benning, GA.
Fort Benning is located in the Tri-Community comprised of Columbus, GA; Ft. Benning, GA; and Phenix City, AL. Columbus (third-largest city in Georgia) is a growing community of 250,000. Besides being the home of the Best Army Installation in the World, Columbus houses the corporate headquarters of many leading companies. The stunning Florida gulf shores and Blue Ridge Mountains are only a few hours drive. For more information, please visit http://www.army.mil/info/organization/benning/
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Nurse (Clinical/Ambulatory), you will:
- Triage and screen walk-in patients to assess the severity of the patient's condition and the need for provider intervention.
- Make psychosocial assessment of patients to identify significant cultural practices, the ability to understand and cooperate, and expectations of care and coping mechanisms.
- Recognize and report abnormal test results, changes in symptoms and the need for follow-up care.
- Assist health care providers with examinations and procedures.
- Prepare and administer oral, subcutaneous, intra-muscular and intravenous medications.