This position is located in the New York, New York Division. The incumbent will perform duties such as:
· Initiating contacts with registrant applicants who are requesting authorization to prescribe and dispense controlled substances in accordance with the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).
· Preparing reports, correspondence, and other written materials in accordance with established regulations and guidelines on straightforward policy issues or requirements, such as time frames for requested responses, or required regulatory references.
· Performing straightforward and non-controversial tasks to assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with the registrant community (doctors, pharmacies, hospitals, clinics, ambulatory services, IV facilities, veterinary clinics, and other entities).
· Assisting in developing and implementing plans for disseminating routine information about Diversion's Registration Program.
· Participating in managing the license registration process. Reviewing all registration transactions to verify the internal control process has been followed, such as examining all registration transactions and rejecting those not completed in compliance with agency standards and other applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
· Coordinating the process for solving issues and discrepancies, modifying or rejecting license processing work that does not meet established standards or fulfill regulatory requirements.
· Examining referrals from states on licenses that have been revoked, investigated, or placed on probation by state authorities. Verifying agency registration information in automated databases and in state license inquiries.
· Conducting complex searches and queries, using a variety of law enforcement, compliance, and/or inspection database or data files related to these activities, both internal and external to the agency.