Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Bureau of Land Management
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Fairbanks, AK View Map
The BLM manages more land 253 million acres than any other Federal agency. This land, known as the National System of Public Lands, is primarily located in 12 Western states, including Alaska. The Bureau, with a budget of about $1 billion, also administers 700 million acres of sub-surface mineral estates throughout the nation. The BLM's multiple-use mission is to sustain the health and productivity of the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
This position serves as a Forestry Technician (Smokejumper) for the Alaska Fire Service in Fairbanks, Alaska. This is a seasonal appointment; you will be in pay status for at least three (3) months, but less than six (6) months a year. When work or funds are not available you will be placed in non-pay status.
The salary range given above includes base pay and locality pay, you will also receive a 5.57% cost of living allowance for Fairbanks. This allowance is subject to annual review, adjustment and gradual decrease.
- 75% or Greater
- This position requires frequent travel by scheduled or chartered aircraft or ground vehicles to various destinations in the western U.S. Each incident assignment may last up to 14 days.
- U.S. Citizenship is Required
- Security Clearance/Background Investigation is required.
- Be sure to read the "How to Apply" & "Required Documents" Sections
- You cannot hold an active real estate license; nor can you
- have an interest or hold stocks in firms with interest in Federal Land.
- Direct Deposit Required.