This is a Permanent Excepted Service position
Military Membership in the Ohio National Guard is required
- Must be a Excepted Technician within the Ohio Army National Guard
- Minimum Military Grade: E-8
- Maximum Military Grade: CW3
- Compatible Military Assignment: Army, Warrant and Enlisted Carrer Field: 91
If you apply for this position and are over the Maximum Military Grade you may be required to take an Administrative Reduction in Military Grade in order to be appointed.
It is not necessary for applicants to possess the MOS/AFSC listed as compatible to the position in order to apply. It is, however, the applicant's responsibility to acquire a compatible MOS/AFSC within 1 year of appointment. Coordinate with your unit's training representative to determine whether or not you can qualify for a specific MOS/AFSC and/or receive training.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A RESUME THAT ADDRESSES THE SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES LISTED BELOW. THE RESUME MUST INCLUDE DATES INDICATING WHEN THE WORK WAS PERFORMED
Experience or training which demonstrates that the candidate has the ability to organize assignments for subordinates, estimate material and manpower needed for specific jobs; able to explain manuals and work procedures; and to prepare production records, work records and reports.
1. In addition to the journeyman level knowledge, experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, direct, and organize work assignments for lower grade personnel.
2. Experience which required the review of work requirements and establish priorities to meet deadlines.
3. Experience that provided knowledge of various lines of work performed by this function.
4. Experience which demonstrates the ability to supervise or the potential to perform such duties as evidenced by the ability to communicate knowledge of general supervisory concepts, and knowledge of ship processes.
5. Experience in adapting existing equipment and techniques to new situations.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: NOTE: College Transcripts are required if you wish to use Education as a substitution for experience or if a degree is a requirement for the position. A copy of the transcript must be submitted with the Job Application. Study successfully completed in a college, university, technical or vocational school may be substituted for experience at the rate of one year of study (30 semester hours or 20 classroom hours of instruction per week) for 6 months of experience. Courses must be directly related to the work of the position.
This position is being announced in accordance with state merit promotion procedures and collective bargaining agreement. Wearing of the appropriate military uniform is required while employed in this position.
If you are an AGR and are selected for this position, you will be required to vacate your AGR status.
Successful applicant will be assigned to a compatible military position in an appropriate unit of assignment in the Ohio National Guard.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience your qualifications rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and may result in you not being considered for appointment to this position.