Vacancy Identification Number - 1017662
Recruitment/Relocation incentives are not authorized.
Board eligibility or certification in Emergency Medicine is preferred.
Note: Background investigation changed to "other" on 4/9/14.
Note: Announcement end date extended on 5/19/14.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
As a VA physician, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
Applicant's education and experience will be reviewed by a Professional Standards Board and Compensation Panel (for physicians and dentists) in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
The Lebanon VA Medical Center is seeking a part-time Emergency Medicine Physician.
Services to be performed include but are not limited to:
- Perform assessments/examinations on initial encounters with unscheduled, emergency and new patients.
- Coordinate patient treatment plan (involve specialists as appropriate).
- Order appropriate routine diagnostic tests and X-ray studies necessary to complete the evaluation.
- Participate in quality assurance programs and chart reviews.
- Participate on committees of the Medical/Dental staff.
- Attend meetings of the Medical/Dental staff as well as Medical Service staff meetings.
Tour of Duty: Shift is variable to offer 24/7 coverage.