About the Agency
Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Repayment Specialist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment. Would you enjoy preparing and administering repayment and water service contracts/agreements within the jurisdiction of the Western Colorado Area Office (WCAO)? Responsibilities include negotiating contracts, monitoring repayment status, providing technical guidance in contract matters for the WCAO, etc.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
You can progress from $47K to $57K in 2 years! Year 1 - $47,448 (GS-9) and Year 2 - $57,408 (GS-11). Promotion to the next grade/salary level is neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
LOCATION: UPPER COLORADO REGION, WESTERN COLORADO AREA OFFICE, RESOURCES MANAGEMENT DIVISION, ADMINISTRATIVE WATER MANAGEMENT GROUP IN GRAND JUNCTION, CO.
For living conditions in Grand Junction, CO go to: http://www.gjchamber.org/
- Gathers necessary data and analysis for incorporation in various types of contracts;
- Develops and coordinates activities associated with water allocation, reallocation, or water transfer applications and stock subscriptions;
- Develops draft agreements and contracts related to the Recovery Implementation Program for Endangered Species and other projects;
- Coordinates with the various interested parties (water districts, attorneys, state and federal managers);
- Administers technical proposals, which includes processing requests for payments, extensions, etc.;
- Develops and uses tracking systems in order to monitor water service and operation and maintenance contracts, cooperative and grant agreements, etc.;
- Operates record management systems related to water issues and actions;
- Serves on the ARC (Application Review Committee) to evaluate financial assistance grant applications and administers awarded grants;
- Monitors the Water Management Group budget.
- Occasional Travel
- This position requires frequent travel (weekly) within Area Office boundaries, and occasional overnight travel.