About the Agency
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
This position is located in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Office of Information Services and Security, Enterprise Architecture Division. The primary purpose of this position is to work together with enterprise data architects (e.g., other Information Technology Specialists), technical service providers and technical architects (e.g., external organizations providing IT systems support) and business architects to fulfill division plans, to develop and implement IT policies and procedures, and to coordinate all activities towards achieving goals as provided by management. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and your salary!
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees residing in the local commuting area on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals residing in the local commuting area eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities or covered by an interchange agreement); OR
4. Individuals, no matter where you reside, who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-12. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position:
- Develop and interpret policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of services throughout the agency.
- Provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues; revise existing policy for use by other IT specialists, line managers, or contractors.
- Identify and define similarities among data architecture and business architecture and explaining them to various audiences using the most effective communication style and method.
- Plan significantly new or far-reaching Information Technology programs.
- Apply evolving technology to enhance the efficiency of Information Technology systems.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be required to travel 1 to 5 nights per month.