Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
There is no education requirement or substitution of education for experience.
You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies:
1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-12: One full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the (GS-11) of the Federal service. Such experience is defined as follows: providing support including performance optimization, interoperability, capacity planning, operational redundancy, contingency planning, integration, and operations of all components, hardware and software in the regions infrastructure. Maintaining enterprise infrastructure with enterprise management tools. Providing feedback and briefings to the regional IT community on activities involving all aspects of the systems administration, information systems design and the Microsoft Active Director network. Advising regional management concerning technical risk and hardware, operation systems software, and system integration for region deployment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of the three pre-defined categories. The categories are “gold”, “silver” and “bronze”. However, your resume or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. Candidates place in the “gold” category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans’ preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligible with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job. For more information on Category Rating, please go to
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
For more information about Category Rating, please go to: Category Rating To preview questions please click here.
- Ability to monitor errors on system and network equipment to ensure availability of data networks and network systems operability.
- Knowledge of developing system and network architecture that integrates new devices into existing network infrastructure to increase and extend network capabilities.
- Ability to configure system and network compliance standards to ensure certification and accreditation standards are maintained.
- Skill in planning and coordinating network outages to minimize system downtime.
- Knowledge of system development and updates in order to provide effective operational guidance to management and work center personnel.
- Ability to review and monitor contracts and contract proposals to determine compliance with current IT policies and requirement specifications.
- Ability to identify applications software security issues to incorporate solutions into software development.
- Knowledge of software modification to resolve security issues in order to maintain compliance of network policy.