Job Title:Engineering Equipment Operator (WG-5716-08)
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Bureau of Reclamation
Job Announcement Number:BR-UC-2013-05 (DE-LMA)
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$20.11 to $23.46 / Per Hour|
|Tuesday, December 17, 2013 to Wednesday, January 01, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-time, 4x10 hour days, Monday-Thursday - Permanent|
|4 vacancies in the following location:|
Socorro, NM View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All United States Citizens and Nationals.|
Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States.
View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
Reclamation is seeking an Engineering Equipment Operator looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy operating one or more types of construction and maintenance equipment, e.g. crawler type tractors, graders, scrapers, hydraulic excavator, backhoe, and other gasoline and diesel-powered equipment to excavate channels, build or repair levees, clean and repair water structures, and grade and level roads, etc?
You may also operate a forklift and perform other duties that do not involve operating equipment, e.g., unloading supplies, cleaning shop and yard area, building access gates, fabricating equipment, assisting mechanic in repairing equipment, etc. for the Socorro Field Division.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Upper Colorado Region, Albuquerque Area Office, Socorro Field Division, duty stationed in Socorro N.M. For living conditions, go to www.city-data.com/city/socorro-New-Mexico.html
Travel and relocation expenses will NOT be paid by our agency. Expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the individual selected.
- 25% or Greater
- Day travel and overnight travel required to work at project sites, and to attend meetings, training and conferences. Overnight travel could be for several months when working on out-of-town projects.
- U.S. Citizenship or National.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation.
- You must submit a resume and supporting documentation (See How to Apply).
- MUST submit copy of State-issued Class A CDL and endorsements w application
- Pre-Employment Physical & Drug Testing required.
- For veterans consideration, submit document(s) under Required Documents.