Minimum Requirements: Experience, education, or training which provided a general knowledge of principles of organization, management, and administration. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 36 months experience, education or training program or managerial experience in a type of work or a combination of functions directly related to the position to be filled or in comparable work or functions. Experience developing and recommending policy; organizing and carrying out specific programs, evaluating and recommending changes in methods of operations. Experience in supervisory, staff or technical work which included study, analysis or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of managerial or administrative policies, practices and procedures. Experience preparing written communications and oral presentations.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Knowledge of the principles, policies, program goals and methodology of the National Guard DoD Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program, including factors that affect work and leisure environments.
2. Ability to administer a program that provides information about help for individual and family social problems and to provide programs that address such problems or offer referrals to social service programs, and provide information about National Guard assistance programs.
3. Knowledge of State and Federal Childcare Laws and ability to manage the Childcare Program for the States Yellow Ribbon Program within the guidelines of the National Guard Bureau family programs function.
4. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships using tact and diplomacy in interacting with individuals and families and program support representatives.
5. Ability to collect, evaluate, and disseminate information and assess strengths, weaknesses, and needs of serviced population in order to define program goals, objectives, and procedures.
6. Skill in managing a program including organizing an office, problem solving, motivating others to take necessary actions, and negotiating allocation of resources for the program.
7. Knowledge of regulations, policies, and guidance affecting the use of resources and related support resources (money, equipment, and people) to plan, coordinate, implement, and manage the Yellow Ribbon Program in compliance with established requirements, standards, and objectives.
8. Knowledge of the organizational structure of the National Guard including the assignment of functions to subordinate organizations, nature of their missions, and composition of the work force.
9. Oral communication and writing skills to make presentations, conduct training seminars, communicate with federal, state and local agencies and medical facilities.
Quality of Experience: Level of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates' experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicant's record of experience training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the Miscellaneous Administration and Program Positions.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience: The successful completion of a full 4 year course in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelors degree is qualifying at the GS-05 level. Completion of courses such as the Officer Advanced Course, Squadron Officer School, Command and Staff College, Air and Army War College, National Security Management Course and others of comparable level will be credited at the rate of 1 month of education for two months of specialized experience.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E7 & above) Warrant Officer or Officer (O4 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL/WO/OFF: MOS/Branch Immaterial)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.