Minimum Requirements: Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the ability to apply knowledge of optical theory and construction principles in order to test, repair, align, and collimate a variety of complex optical equipment. Experience which demonstrates the ability to understand and apply instructions, and specifications; and interpret blue prints and diagrams of optical paths and mechanical linkages. Experience using hand and power tools common to an optical shop.
Specialized Experience: Must have 18 months experience or training repairing, rebuilding, overhauling systems and components of optical instrument equipment. Experience in diagnosing malfunction in determining remedy where complex relationships exist among optical systems and supporting mechanical and electrical systems. Experience in the use of a variety of measuring and testing equipment. Experience interpreting technical manuals, blueprints, schematics and work orders.
Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Knowledge of the mechanical makeup, operation, and working relationships of complex optical and fire control instruments; and skill to perform diagnoses, major repair, and maintenance on these devices.
2. Ability and skill to understand and operate a wide variety of test, measurement and diagnostics equipment to perform fault isolation, verify tolerances, make adjustments (e.g. Azimuth test fixtures, collimator fixtures, surface plate, micrometers, dial indicators and depth gages.). Knowledge and understanding of how measurements and tolerances impact on the mechanical, electronic, and electrical systems.
3. Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions in various operational systems in combat vehicles and artillery pieces when standard procedures and existing methods do not apply.
4. Knowledge of electronics, sufficient to identify and replace defective components, such as sensors, diodes, and circuit boards.
5. Ability to utilize and interpret parts list, manufacturers repair manuals, technical manuals, diagrams, and electrical schematics.
Quality of Experience: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicants record of experience, training, and education must show possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position to be filled.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E6 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL MOS: 91, 94)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.