Job Title: Management & Program Analyst (PPS Outreach and Policy)Job Announcement Number: 14-FS-128P
Department: Department Of The Treasury
Agency: Bureau of the Fiscal Service
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, December 16, 2013 to
Thursday, December 26, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Career/Career Conditional -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Philadelphia, PA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
U.S. citizens; no prior Federal experience is required.
About the Agency
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. This position is located on the Post Payment System (PPS) staff at the Philadelphia Regional Finance Center, Assistant Commissioner of Payment Management within the Bureau of the Fiscal Service. The primary purpose of this position is: conducting outreach related to PPS' vision, impacts and implementation strategy to a broad customer base (i.e. Federal Agency, financial institution, etc.) as well as the development, coordination and CFR Part 235 and 31 CFR Part 240. This also includes coordination and execution of requirements gathering sessions with customers (i.e. Federal Agency, financial institutions, National Automated Clearinghouse Association (NACHA, etc.) to document functionality to be provided in PPS.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel 1 to 5 days per month.
- One-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Management & Program Analyst, you will:
- Present the vision, impacts and implementation plan for the Post Payment System (PPS) to a broad customer base (Federal Agency, financial institution, etc.), in a clear and effective manner to a variety of audiences.
- Coordinate and maintain outreach calendar for the Post Payment System (PPS) including submission of presentation proposals for external conferences.
- Actively work with the various team members (i.e. systems developers, integrators, stakeholders, etc.) to execute usage and design requirements for the Post Payment System's (PPS’)reporting functionality.
- Collaborate with industry partners, i.e. NACHA, National Branded Prepaid Card Association (NBPCA), credit card issuers, etc. on functionality that will improve the overall accessibility, functionality and data integrity of PPS.
- Develop, coordinate and execute the regulatory changes required to enable PPS, including but not limited to 31 CFR Part 210, 31 CFR Part 235 and 31 CFR Part 240.
- Serve as the Regional Financial Center (RFC) lead for the Post Payment System (PPS) communication and outreach plans.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- Experience interpreting and applying the rules, regulations and policies related to complex payments, post-payment processes and/or banking, i.e. National Automated Clearinghouse Association (NACHA) Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) Rules, Federal Regulations, Green Book, Gold Book, and/or Regulation E.
- Experience delivering charismatic presentations to a broad customer base including individuals of differing levels of authority (i.e. operations staff, senior level management, executives, etc.), subject matter expertise (i.e. financial, operational, accounting, etc.), industry (i.e. Federal Agency, financial institution, etc.), in a variety of mediums including but not limited to in-person presentations and/or webinars.
- Experience gathering functional systems requirements from a variety of industry/business partners, including but not limited to Federal Agency, financial institution and internal users, with proven leadership that inspires, motivates, and guides others towards business process improvements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your: 1. Resume, 2. Responses to the online questions, and 3. Required supporting documents. We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical Knowledge, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Requirements Development and Customer Service. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Superior, Good, or Satisfactory, depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans'preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date. Treasury provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at email@example.com and/or the USAJobs Help Desk. Step 1 - Create or Upload a resume with USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov) - We suggest you go to the end of the Qualifications & Evaluation section of the job announcement to preview the online questions that you will answer in Step 3. You may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. For more resume tips click here. - You may create a resume in USAJOBS or upload one of your own choosing. Although you must enter your Social Security Number (SSN) for USAJOBS, we will only see the last four digits for identification purposes.
Step 2 - Apply Online Click the "Apply Online" link of this announcement and then select the resume you wish to submit with your application. You will be redirected to the Department of the Treasury's CareerConnector website to complete the application process.
Step 3 - Answer the Online Questions and Submit Your Online Application If this is your first time on Treasury's CareerConnector website, you will be prompted to register by answering questions related to your eligibility for Federal employment. The system will save these responses and take you back to the main screen so that you can answer the job-specific questions. Select "Take me to the assessment" and click on the "Continue" button to answer the job-specific questions. You must answer all the questions and click the "Finished" button.
Step 4 - Review and Confirm Your Submission You will now have the option to upload a document or print fax cover-sheets for your required documents (see step 5 for details). Once you click "Done," you will see a summary of your application for your review. You may also print a copy for your records. When you click "Finished" at the bottom of the page, you will then be directed back to USAJOBS where you can confirm that your application has been submitted and track your application status.
Step 5 - Submit Required Documents You can submit any required documents (discussed below) by document upload or fax. Whichever method you choose, please include the job announcement number with your documents. To protect your privacy, we encourage you to remove your SSN from any documents that you submit. Document Upload: You may upload supporting documents in one of two ways: 1. Once you finish answering the questions in the job announcement, you will be prompted to upload your document(s) to your application. You will be given the choice to either upload the document as part of the application process or you can select a document that you've already loaded on USAJOBS. or 2. You can upload a document to an existing application by logging into your USAJOBS account profile. Click on "My Applications" and search for the vacancy. Once you've located the vacancy, click on the vacancy and select "Apply Online." Move through your existing application to the Documents page and select Upload in order to add a document to your application. Be certain to review your complete application for confirmation that the document uploaded. In the Application Review section, you may verify acceptance of your documents in CareerConnector if you see them listed on the "Vacancy Documents" screen. Then, click on "Finished" to be returned to USAJOBS. Fax: Create a fax cover-sheet in CareerConnector by following the "Faxing Supporting Documentation" instructions. The fax number will be on the cover-sheet.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
ALL APPLICANTS: All applicants are required to submit a resume.
CTAP/ICTAP DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee eligible for consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must submit proof of eligibility. For a detailed list of documents, click here
. VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: If you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing dates of service and type of discharge. Ten-point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, SF-15, along with required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form. An SF-15 may be found at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf
. For more information on veterans' preference click here
. Recommended Documents: In addition, we recommend that you submit the following:
- A performance appraisal.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate, or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.