About the Agency
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments, and shared services. This position is located on the Post Payment System (PPS) staff at the Philadelphia Regional Financial Center, Assistant Commissioner of Payment Management. The incumbent is relied upon as the subject matter expert in documenting the as-is and to-be states, developing requirements, overall implementation of the Accounting module of PPS as well actively participating in the formulation of data analytics and reporting functionality for PPS. The incumbent is considered to be the PFC lead for the PPS accounting module.
As a Systems Accountant (PPS), you will:
- Define the nature and scope of accounting activities to be covered by PPS.
- Assist with the development of PPS analytics queries for the purposes of identifying data anomalies, alerts and risk profiling.
- Make recommendations related to reporting capabilities of PPS.
- Ensure that all legislative, GAO, Treasury Department (Treasury), and OMB accounting requirements are satisfied.
- Design the system of accounts and provide for account reporting and reconciliation at all levels.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel 1 to 5 nights per month.