Job Title:IT Specialist (ENARCH)
Department:Department Of The Treasury
Agency:Bureau of the Fiscal Service
Job Announcement Number:14-FS-113
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, December 16, 2013 to
Monday, December 30, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Career/Career Conditional -
|1 vacancy -
Parkersburg, WV View Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. citizens who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.|
About the Agency
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
This position is located in the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Office of Information Services and Security, Enterprise Architecture Division. The primary purpose of this position is to work together with enterprise data architects (e.g., other Information Technology Specialists), technical service providers and technical architects (e.g., external organizations providing IT systems support) and business architects to fulfill division plans, to develop and implement IT policies and procedures, and to coordinate all activities towards achieving goals as provided by management. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career and your salary!
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees residing in the local commuting area on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals residing in the local commuting area eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities or covered by an interchange agreement); OR
4. Individuals, no matter where you reside, who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
- Occasional Travel
- You may required to travel 1 to 5 nights per month.
- One-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
DUTIES:Back to top
As an IT Specialist (ENARCH), you will:
- Create and interpret policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of technology service providers and data services throughout the agency;
- Provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to business areas, management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues; revise existing policy for use by other IT specialists, line managers, or contractors;
- Make decisions, provide guidance and recommendations that significantly influence important agency IT policies or programs;
- Plan significantly new or far-reaching enterprise architecture programs and policy;
- Apply evolving technology to enhance the efficiency of Information Technology systems;
- Assist higher level IT Specialists in coordinating and implementing national level guidance for major Information Technology programs.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must meet the following requirements within 30 calendar days after the closing date of the announcement.
For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position must include:
- Demonstrating competence in Attention to Detail; Customer Service; Oral Communication; & Problem Solving;
- Reflecting computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled such as IT systems analysis, design, testing & implementation; integration of new apps with existing IT systems; and
- Translation of planning objectives into process plans.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:Time In Grade
: For the GS-13, you must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents. We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Oral Communication, Written Communication, Customer Service, Technical and Problem Solving. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date. Treasury provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at email@example.com and/or the USAJobs Help Desk. Step 1 - Create or Upload a resume with USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov) - We suggest you go to the end of the Qualifications & Evaluation section of the job announcement to preview the online questions that you will answer in Step 3. You may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. For more resume tips click here. - You may create a resume in USAJOBS or upload one of your own choosing. Although you must enter your Social Security Number (SSN) for USAJOBS, we will only see the last four digits for identification purposes.
Step 2 - Apply Online Click the "Apply Online" link of this announcement and then select the resume you wish to submit with your application. You will be redirected to the Department of the Treasury's CareerConnector website to complete the application process.
Step 3 - Answer the Online Questions and Submit Your Online Application If this is your first time on Treasury's CareerConnector website, you will be prompted to register by answering questions related to your eligibility for Federal employment. The system will save these responses and take you back to the main screen so that you can answer the job-specific questions. Select "Take me to the assessment" and click on the "Continue" button to answer the job-specific questions. You must answer all the questions and click the "Finished" button.
Step 4 - Review and Confirm Your Submission You will now have the option to upload a document or print fax cover-sheets for your required documents (see step 5 for details). Once you click "Done," you will see a summary of your application for your review. You may also print a copy for your records. When you click "Finished" at the bottom of the page, you will then be directed back to USAJOBS where you can confirm that your application has been submitted and track your application status.
Step 5 - Submit Required Documents You can submit any required documents (discussed below) by document upload or fax. Whichever method you choose, please include the job announcement number with your documents. To protect your privacy, we encourage you to remove your SSN from any documents that you submit. Document Upload: You may upload supporting documents in one of two ways: 1. Once you finish answering the questions in the job announcement, you will be prompted to upload your document(s) to your application. You will be given the choice to either upload the document as part of the application process or you can select a document that you've already loaded on USAJOBS. or 2. You can upload a document to an existing application by logging into your USAJOBS account profile. Click on "My Applications" and search for the vacancy. Once you've located the vacancy, click on the vacancy and select "Apply Online." Move through your existing application to the Documents page and select Upload in order to add a document to your application. Be certain to review your complete application for confirmation that the document uploaded. In the Application Review section, you may verify acceptance of your documents in CareerConnector if you see them listed on the "Vacancy Documents" screen. Then, click on "Finished" to be returned to USAJOBS. Fax: Create a fax cover-sheet in CareerConnector by following the "Faxing Supporting Documentation" instructions. The fax number will be on the cover-sheet.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible
ALL APPLICANTS: All applicants are required to submit a resume. CURRENT AND FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES - Documentation Relating to Your Federal Employment:
- Submit a copy of an SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows your current (or most recent) grade and competitive service status. (The "position occupied" block on the SF-50 should show a "1" and your "tenure" block should show a "1" or "2."
- Indicate on your application the highest permanent grade you have held; if this grade is different from your current grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing this grade. CTAP/ICTAP DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee eligible for consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must submit proof of eligibility. For a detailed list of documents, click here. PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL: Submit a copy of your most recent completed annual performance appraisal, dated within the last year, that includes the final rating. If you have not received a performance appraisal, please explain why in your application. SPECIAL HIRING AUTHORITIES DOCUMENTATION: If you are applying under a special hiring authority, submit a copy of proof of your eligibility. VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ACT (VEOA) DOCUMENTATION: If you are applying under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA), you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing dates of service and type of discharge. Ten-point preference eligibles must also submit an Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, SF-15, along with required documentation listed on the back of the SF-15 form. An SF-15 may be found at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf. For more information on veterans' preference, click here.
Recommended Documents: In addition, we recommend that you submit the following:
- List of awards received while employed with the Federal Government.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate, or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.