If you are a status candidate, please apply under Announcement #OMB-14-06-CMJ-MP.
NOTE: THIS IS A TERM POSITION NOT-TO-EXCEED 2 YEARS, WHICH MAY BE EXTENDED TO A MAXIMUM OF 4 YEARS BASED ON MANAGEMENT NEEDS. (# of initial years based on customer request up to 4 years)
Definition of a 'TERM APPOINTMENT' may be found at: http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/508/TemporaryAppointments#icc
The Office of Management and Budgets Office of E-Government & Information Technology is looking for a driven and energetic Performance Analyst to perform duties specifically related to the Integrated, Efficient, and Effective Uses of Information Technology (IEEUIT) fund. The Performance Analyst will conduct detailed analyses of Federal information technology (IT) and management data. The results of these analyses will be used to improve executive-level decision making and reduce inefficiencies within the context of Federal IT. The Performance Analyst would be part of a larger team whose mission is to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of Federal IT by eliminating duplication and creating opportunities for reinvestment in innovative solutions.
Any candidate applying for this position must have demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical skills; exhibit great attention to detail; possess the ability to manage internal and external relationships with federal government officials, Congress, and senior agency officials; and have the ability to comprehend large sums of unfamiliar subject matter within aggressive deadlines. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove daily your high value to the team.
**Promotion to the next highest grade level is neither guaranteed nor implied. This position may be filled at the GS-09 or GS-11 level.
As a Junior Performance Analyst the incumbent will both independently and collaboratively:
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative analyses of Federal IT and management data for the purposes of improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Federal IT programs.
- Initiate qualitative evaluations of government programs and produces timely written products on the subject areas.
- Based on results of analyses, concisely present facts, conclusions and recommendations in a clear written format.
- Assess program effectiveness and areas for improvement within complex Federal programs and management processes.
- Initiates qualitative evaluations of government programs and produces timely written products on the subject areas.
- Determine reasonableness of agency IT budgetary requests based upon a combination of qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Create reports that summarize program evaluation data to support IT program reviews, budgetary, and other Federal government decisions.
- Develop written and oral presentations summarizing results of analyses to various audiences.