The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service); and Military Spouse of an Active Duty Military Member Registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program
This position is to serve as the principal office assistant performing various clerical and administrative duties in support of the organization, performing office automation support using multiple automated programs and software such as databases, spreadsheets, and graphics in support of the clerical and administrative work. The position is located in an organization that is of limited complexity. Although the organization may include several subordinate units which are similar in subject matter, the supervisor directs the staff primarily through face-to-face meetings and internal procedural and administrative controls are simple and informal. There are few complicated problems of coordination that require a system of formal reporting procedures and controls.
· Prepares a wide variety of recurring and some nonrecurring correspondences, reports, and other documents and reviews and finalizes correspondence/documents prepared by others in handwritten or electronic drafts.
· Reviews and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, publications, regulations, and directives.
· Receives telephone calls, greets visitors, and ascertains the nature of the calls or visits.
· Maintains supervisor's calendar, coordinates meeting arrangements, and schedules meetings and/or conferences.
· Performs other clerical and administrative work in support of the office/organization. Uses multiple office automation software with varied functions to produce a wide range of documents that often require complex formats, such as graphics or tables within text, editing and reformatting electronic drafts, and updating or revising existing databases or spreadsheets.