In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 grade level. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Education: Four years above high school
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for all grade levels and positions for which both education and experience are acceptable.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-04 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of extensive rules, procedures, operations, applied to secretarial and clerical assignments to perform the procedural and administrative work of the office, such as preparing and editing documents, maintaining files/records, and making and preparing travel arrangements and locating and assembling information for various reports.
2. Knowledge of office functions to screen telephone calls and visitors, maintain supervisors calendar, and prepare and review correspondence, and perform other administrative work of the organization.
3. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
4. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required. Ability to locate, assemble, and compose information for routing reports, inquiries, and nontechnical correspondence.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to plan, organize work, and meet deadlines.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and
responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility,
qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all
instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or
consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the
documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your
responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or
does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of
"not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will
not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated