To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
1) Must be a U.S. Citizen or lawfully admitted to the U.S. as a permanent resident or is otherwise authorized to be employed per 5 CFR 362.105 (e)(1) However, Pathways participants must be US Citizens to be eligible for noncompetitive conversion to the competitive service.
2) GS-2 - Must have successfully completed high school or GED diploma and currently enrolled and seeking a degree (Diploma, Certificate, etc.) in a qualified educational institution on a minimum of half-time basis at an accredited college or university (minimum 6 semester hours)
GS-3 - Must have successfully completed one (1) year post high-school education and currently enrolled and seeking a degree (Diploma, Certificate, etc.) in a qualified educational institution on a minimum of half-time basis at an accredited college or university (minimum 6 semester hours)
3) Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher while in the Internship Program
Minimum Qualifications: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/
Qualified candidates will be rated on the following factors:
- Knowledge of basic occupational theory, principles, concepts, and practices in the technical area of information technology
- Skill in applying basic occupational theory, principles, concepts, and practices sufficient to perform IT duties
- Ability to follow instruction and guidance to complete assigned tasks and communicate information to others in oral or written format
- Ability to analyze problems, identify significant factors, gather and interpret pertinet data, and apply established rules and procedures in order to recommend effective solutions
- Ability to learn and apply basic investigative techniques to accomplish work in the information technology field
- Ability to gather and analyze basic facts, information, and data and draw conclusions
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
*** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
Eligibility Requirements: An Intern may be converted non-competitively from an Internship Program to a term or permanent position in the competitive service, however conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed. To be eligible for conversion, an Intern must be a U.S. Citizen and have completed at least 640 hours of work experience while enrolled as a full time or half time degree seeking student, completed the educational requirements from a qualifying institution, receive a favorable recommendation by an official of the agency and meet the qualification written Participant Agreement that clearly identifies expectations, a general description of duties, evaluation procedures, work schedules and minimum eligibility requirements for conversion to term or permanent positions in the competitive service.
Physical Requirements: Typically employee may sit comfortable to do the work. Occassionally lifting of up to 25 pounds.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.
Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please review the information for disabled Veterans in the application checklist or visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).